Model in PowerPlay Transformer is combiantion of five windows- Dimension Map,Data Source, Measures,Power cube,Sign On. Models specify the data sources and then defining the dimensions, levels,and measures.They may also contain dimension views, user classes, user class views, and other authentication-related information.
The information for a model is stored in a model file, with the extension .pyi (binary, means platform depentent) or .mdl (text,platform independent).
Process To Create A Model
1. From the File menu, click New to open the New Model wizard.
2. In the Model Name box, enter a name for your model.
3. To control data access by means of user class authentication, select the Include Security in this Model check box.
4. Click Next and enter the name of initial data source in the Data Source Name box.
5. Select a Source Type from the list, and click Next.
6. Depending on the selected type, Transformer shows different options. Enter the parameters that correspond to your data source.
7. On the last page of the New Model wizard select the Run AutoDesign option to have Transformer create a preliminary structure , or by clearing this check box users own degisn can be created
8. When click Finish.
Transformer opens a new model based on specified source and shows you information about the source data.
Testing A Model
Model can Be Tested By check model option in Tool menu.