NEW INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.COM
DATA WAREHOUSING INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
INFORMATICA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS DETAILS
NewInterviewQuestions.com - Home for World's Largest Interview Questions Website.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
||What is Load Manager?
I am providing the answer which I have taken it from Informatica 7.1.1 manual,
Ans: While running a Workflow,the PowerCenter Server uses the Load Manager process and the Data Transformation Manager Process (DTM) to run the workflow and carry out workflow tasks.When the PowerCenter Server runs a workflow, the Load Manager performs the following tasks:
1. Locks the workflow and reads workflow properties.
2. Reads the parameter file and expands workflow variables.
3. Creates the workflow log file.
4. Runs workflow tasks.
5. Distributes sessions to worker servers.
6. Starts the DTM to run sessions.
7. Runs sessions from master servers.
8. Sends post-session email if the DTM terminates abnormally.
When the PowerCenter Server runs a session, the DTM performs the following tasks:
1. Fetches session and mapping metadata from the repository.
2. Creates and expands session variables.
3. Creates the session log file.
4. Validates session code pages if data code page validation is enabled. Checks query
conversions if data code page validation is disabled.
5. Verifies connection object permissions.
6. Runs pre-session shell commands.
7. Runs pre-session stored procedures and SQL.
8. Creates and runs mapping, reader, writer, and transformation threads to extract,transform, and load data.
9. Runs post-session stored procedures and SQL.
10. Runs post-session shell commands.
11. Sends post-session email.
If you have the better answer, than send it to us. We will display your answer after the approval.
Rate the above answer. Help us to know about the answer.
Please Note: We keep on updating better answers to this site. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notified when better answer is posted.
|Notify me when better answer is posted!